Temporary Works Awareness Training Course
Our Temporary Works Awareness Training Course is a one-day health and safety course aimed at promoting awareness and increasing knowledge in relation to the practical management of temporary works on construction sites.
Using British Standards & HSE Codes of Practice as a basis to assist delegates to recognise construction activity that would need to be managed as temporary works and also to understand processes that should be adopted to enable such work to be conducted safely and within guidelines set out by the HSE.
The temporary works training course also provides an insight into associated legislative requirements and the pivotal roles undertaken by the appointed Temporary Works Co-ordinator and Temporary Works Supervisor.
Learning Objectives of the training course:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the HSE direction of enforcement relating to Temporary Works.
- Improve delegate awareness of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Identify measures that will assist in the practical implementation of responsibilities relating to the management of Temporary Works on construction sites.
On successful completion of the training course delegates should be able to:
- Identify construction work which would be classified as temporary works.
- Identify levels of risk associated with such work (Low Medium, High).
- Answer questions relating to basic principles as stated in BS 5975 and HSE SIM 02/2010/04.
- Identify basic faults from photographs relevant to inspection of temporary works.
View all our Health & Safety Training Courses