Accident Investigation Training Course
Our accident investigation training course is a one-day training course provides delegates with the confidence, understanding and techniques to enable them to undertake a thorough investigation of the scene of an incident, accident or near miss.
This will enable them to provide relevant advice to supervisors, managers and directors and to establish the causes and provide suitable conclusions and recommendations, in order that lessons can be learnt from the investigation.
At the end of the accident investigation training course delegates will:
- Understand the importance of correctly investigating incidents and accidents
- Be able to follow systems and procedures when conducting investigations.
- Identify the elements required in good incident and accident report writing and be able to avoid common pitfalls.
- Understand the processes of an investigation including being prepared, briefing people about what will be asked of them and reporting on key details they have found.
- Understand the role of the investigator and enforcer and any power they may have.
Accident Investigation Training Delivery
8:30 Introduction – aims, objectives and learning outcomes
8:45 Legal requirements for investigating accidents
9:30 Legal considerations
10:30 Mid-morning break
10:45 Interviewing skills
11:30 Investigation – practical issues
12:15 Accident scenario exercise workshop
13:00 Accident scenario exercise workshop
14:45 Mid-afternoon break
15:00 Accident scenario exercise – group presentations
15:30 Investigation reports
16:15 Final questions/feedback
16:30 Course close
View all our Health & Safety Training Courses